Deltos Publishing was founded in 1990 for the purpose of publishing books, CDs, apps and other material to help speakers of other languages learn Modern Greek. The material published can be used by/for students of 14 years of age or older.
The main objectives of Deltos Publishing are:
- to afford speakers of other languages the possibility to learn Greek as it is spoken and written today, in an easy and pleasant manner
- to help them become familiar with different aspects of both modern Greek culture and ancient Greek civilisation, through a variety of themes contained in the publications
- to follow the most up-to-date methods in selecting, grading and presenting the material
- to offer teachers a well balanced approach, which will enable them to present and cover their material in an interesting and lively manner. Through various exercises their students have ample opportunity to practise all four essential skills, i.e. listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- to monitor the development of the Greek language as well as that of major events, both in Greece and abroad, so as to update the material, whenever necessary
- to offer all publications at the lowest possible prices, promptly, securely, and in a business-like manner